Saturday, 9 November 2013

KORRES Wild Rose Lip Butter Review

Follow on Bloglovin

Hello Everyone!
How are you all doing? Today I am reviewing the Wild Rose Lip Butter by Korres as it is the season of chapped lips and desperation as you try and heal them quick enough to get into some seasonal matte lipsticks!
Korres is a Greek beauty company started in Athens that bases their products on natural active ingredients. The first Korres product was a cough syrup based on honey and aniseed, fast forward a few years and they now have over 400 products in their line up and shops all over the world.
With that in mind I was intrigued to try a Korres lip butter and as I have a love for all things to do with rose scents, or roses in general, I was drawn to the Wild Rose Lip Butter.

This is what Korres say about it:

The wild rose oil, rich in linoleic and linolenic acid, has significant healing, moisturising and softening properties. At the same time it forms a protective film on the skin that helps cell regeneration and improves the texture of the epidermis. Furthermore, the wild rose fruit is noted for its high vitamin C content that demonstrates significant repairing activity to fine lines and skin colour disorders. There are more than a hundred species of wild roses, all from the northern hemisphere and mostly from temperate regions. Rosa canina, the very first of all the roses, has been repeatedly used as a symbol of life, soul, heart and love. The word rosa comes from the Greek word rodon, which means red.

The product itself is in a small screw top jar and is a deep red in colour. The jar will fit nicely into a handbag or pocket making it very easy to take with you for day to day use.
The packaging is cute and clean looking, it also seems to be able to stand a bit of bashing in my bag and still look pretty unlike, say, my Vaseline tins which end up scratched and dented.
The balm (or butter) is a little sticky but not in an annoying way, if you are more a Vaseline or a baby lips wearer it may take a little while to get used to the texture, I find it to be a bit like the feel of the Dior Creme de Rose Balm, sticky but smooth.
Korres Lip Butters have a subtle tint to them that looks pretty on the lips, they're perfect for those no makeup days as a little something extra.
The Wild Rose tint is (as to be expected) a red rose coloured tint. The colour as I mentioned earlier is sheer but pretty.

As for the smell... there isn't any, I don't know if they are supposed to have a smell or not but mine smells of nothing, I would have liked there to be a rose scent to accompany the product but perhaps they are supposed to smell and I just got a bad batch? The same applies to taste, I have never got any foul taste in my mouth with this after accidental tasting.
I think this lip butter is a little moisturising but nothing amazing, I would say this is more of a summer balm as during the Autumn/Winter time I need something a little more heavy duty and for me this isn't quite it.
I would say if your lips are already happily moisturised then this will keep them that way but I certainly would't recommend it as a fix to already chapped lips but a little goes a long way so this pot should last you quite some time which is a good thing as at £8 a pot, it isn't one of the cheapest lip balms.
no makeup and korres on lips.

Has anyone else out there tried these? Did yours have a smell?
Toodles xxx


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I love the shade but I'm not sure I would spend £8 as Carmex does the job nicely as it a lot cheaper :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds lovely. The colour swatch looks amazing!

    CazmosWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u there's a few different colours too xx

      Delete
  3. these look gorgeoussss, I adore tinted lipbalms, they're pretty much all I wear!

    Tigerlily's Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, especially at this time of year xx

      Delete
  4. I love this, but I definitely agree with you that it's not the best for fall/winter time. I'm a blistex/carmex lover at this time of year.

    Nicola:
    curlandpearls | bloglovin'
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of blistex but I so like Carmex :)

      Delete
  5. I agree, these are lovely but if your lips are really chapped then you need something a bit more heavy duty.
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you need something stronger at this time of year xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig