Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Essence Cosmetics UK

Follow on Bloglovin

Hello Everyone!
Today I will be talking about Essence Cosmetics.
I used to live over in Europe and Essence was very popular, available at most high street makeup retailers and subsequently, I owned a few bits and bobs.
Since returning to the UK, I hadn't seen any of these products again, until last week when I spotted them in Wilko (of all places) so I decided to pick up a couple of bits, for old times sake.
Essence Cosmetics review swatches

Essence Cosmetics review swatches

I bought one 3D eyeshadow and two 'Vintage District' shadows.
All three shadows are really lovely, the embossed detailing on the 3D shadow is really beautiful, the shadow itself is a lovely shimmery highlight shade, it may be a little too shimmery all over the lid once we get past the Christmas season, however, it could be a beautiful inner corner highlight or used to add a bit of dimension to the middle of the lid over another eye look. 
The 'Vintage District' shadows look a tad OTT in the packing but swatched out and on the lid the colours appear quite different. The blue swatches out as a grey with slight blue undertones and the orange swatches out as a warm, neutral, ochre tinted bronze.
Essence Cosmetics review swatches

The shades don't have much fall out but tend to perform better over primer (as do most shadows) and all the shades are buildable so you can easily transfer them as as all over lid colour to a highlight or a crease colour (depending on the shade you pick).
All in all I wasn't disappointed by these shadows and if you pass a stand they are definitely worth a look at.
Have you tried Essence products?
What did you think?
Toodles xxx

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm not a huge fan of the essence eyeshadows, but I do love their blushes and especially their nail polishes. The colour range of the color&go series isn't what it used to be since they changed it, but the quality is still amazing. They dry so fast and last relatively long, for that price an absolute winner. The only high street nail polishes I like better are by Catrice, but only ever so slightly :)

    xx

    www.kazetime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go wild for the polishes when I lived in Europe they were amazing especially te glitter ones

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig