Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Crazy Lip Colours

Follow on Bloglovin
Hello Everyone!
How are you all doing? I hope you're all well and happy.
Today's post is a little different, I have bought some new, BRIGHT lipsticks.
Now I know it isn't the time of year for bright colours traditionally, however these colours are fun and cheerful and who says you can't break the rules.

The lipsticks I bought are from the 'Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick' range by Maybelline. They retail at around £7.19 each but boots often have a 3 for 2 offer on so you could get a bargain there.
The two colours I picked up are Electric Orange and Fuchsia Flash. I was drawn to these colours as Fuchsia Flash is a close dupe for MAC's 'Candy Yum Yum' with the only notable difference being 'Candy Yum Yum' is a matte finish and these lipsticks are glossy. I picked Electric Orange as this one is a close dupe of MAC's 'Neon Orange' or MAC's 'Morange' but again, more budget friendly.
These lipsticks feel beautiful on the lips, they are very creamy and smooth, they don't drag at the lips at all with application. This is supposedly down to the honey nectar formula as honey is a common ingredient in lip balms due to the nourishing properties it carries.
Wear time is around 4 hours which is normal for such a creamy formula. 
One point to mention as a negative is the smell. They have a strong vanilla scent but it is more a Play-Doh vanilla mixed with a slight mustard scent... not the most pleasant but for me the good outweighs the bad here.

Pigmentation is amazing with these shades, the above swatch is one light swipe with each lipstick and you can see how opaque the colour is.
I am really happy with these lipsticks and if they are too bright for you, they can be toned down by wearing a darker lip liner underneath or by just dabbing the colour on to your lips like a stain rather than using them straight from the tube.
Have you tried either of these?
Do you know any good MAC dupes?
Toodles xxx




SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Fuchsia flash is one of my favourite lipsticks at the moment. I love a bright lip. I also have Hot plum which is a gorgeous purple which I adore. Tempted to get the orange one too.
    Beth x
    chroniccosmetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have that one yet Iight have to invest soon :) x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig