Friday, 22 November 2013

Clarins 'The 'Essentials' Palette Review

Follow on Bloglovin
Hello Everyone!
Today I am showing you the new, limited edition, 'The Essentials' palette from Clarins.
It certainly is return of the nude lately, with a fair few brands putting forward their offerings, but let's be honest, king of the nudes is Urban Decay with their Naked palettes, but can this palette hold its own?

The palette houses 10 neutral shades that will mix and match to give a variety of different looks, the browny shades all seem to have a subtle pinky undertone which makes them warmer in appearance and they will work lovely over the Christmas time with a gorgeous red lip.
The shades themselves don't pick up well for finger swatches, you will need to use the brush provided (or your own brushes) to get the best colour pay off, all with exception of the first shade, that one just doesn't swatch well at all, product picks up easily on the brush but for some reason it doesn't transfer well onto skin, which is a bit frustrating but perhaps if you have a deeper skintone than me, you might have better luck. The rest of the shades are pigmented and transfer well with hardly any fallout. 

The packaging... I'm not going to lie, I hate the packaging, the striped box looks like a handkerchief box, not a higher end makeup palette. I also find the packing looks a little masculine (reminds me of Paul Smith suits) 
I do like the brush that comes with the palette and will continue to use it with other shadows.

From the swatch above you can see shade one hardly showed up, you can just see some of it in the corner, but the other shades are beautiful. This picture was taken in natural daylight, over a primer, with no flash.
These colours work beautifully and blend out easily, they wear with a primer, all day and I didn't notice any creasing through the day. 
Overall this is a really nice palette and it will see a lot of love from me, however, I still prefer my Naked palettes and if you are only going to invest in one or the other I would recommend the Naked palettes by Urban Decay over this one, however this is a lovely addition to anyone's makeup collection and would make a nice gift. 
Word of warning, it is selling out quickly online but if still available at counters so get acting quickly if you want to pick this up.
Hope you enjoyed the review, let me know if you have this palette or how you think it compares to the Naked palettes.
Toodles xxx


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Such a lovely lot of shades!

    Emma x
    http://www.beautyandrags.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That palette looks beautiful such wearable shades

    Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Clarins makeup, only skin are. This palette is gorg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried a few bits, their lip products are my favourite x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig