Friday, 25 October 2013

YLS Youth Liberator Foundation Review

Follow on Bloglovin

Hello Everyone!
Today I am reviewing the new YSL foundation, the new Youth Liberator Foundation is  apparently the first serum-foundation and is based on YSL's best selling Youth Liberator Serum (which I have tried and love by the way) so when I saw it start popping up on the occasional blog here and there it was one of those 'I must have it!!!' moments, which was no doubt spurred on by my love and devotion for the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation.
So armed with my blogger enthusiasm and need I ran off to town and picked up a bottle.

And it is beautiful. Just look at the bottle, it just looks luxurious. 
The 30ml glass bottle would make a pretty addition to any vanity unit, however, packaging means nothing if the product inside is a let down.
As I said earlier this is 30ml of product which is the standard size for foundations, what isn't standard however, is the price.
This cost me an eye watering £37 which has pushed it into my number one spot for my most expensive foundation. I'm not going to lie, I died a little inside handing over so much money for a bottle of beige liquid but as I said earlier, I HAD to have it.
The consistency of the Youth Liberator Foundation is thicker than most of my other foundations but this is a medium to high coverage foundation so I was expecting a thicker consistency than my sheer foundations.
 As you can see the consistency is a thick blob but it blends into the face easily and leaves a beautiful finish. Fine lines appear less obvious and the skin has a beautiful luminous quality. I was wearing this foundation in my Halloween Look post that you can see here: Halloween Look
I had a lot of people asking about the foundation I was wearing in this look and this my friends, this is the culprit.
Wear time is standard on a good foundation, I get all day wear out of this with or without a primer underneath and despite the fact that it is quite a thick consistency, when blended into the skin it doesn't feel heavy at all.
I used a real techniques buffing brush to apply my foundation and I have also tried it with a beauty blender and my fingers, I found it worked well with all three but using my fingers was my least favourite method as it tended to make me feel a bit greasy.
One negative to mention is that there are currently only 6 shades to choose from so getting colour matched is a must, and be pushy, the sales woman at Debenhams tried to fob me off with a guess, a guess that would have been far too dark for me, I insisted she tried it on my face and then she realised her error, remember that you are paying a lot for this little bottle of magic and happiness , DO NOT be fobbed off! Hopefully YSL will add more shades to this range in the near future as the current range is pretty limited.
All in all I would recommend this foundation if you can handle the pain of handing over your life savings for a foundation.
Let me know if you have tried this foundation or if you are planning on trying it?
Toodles xxx






SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I really want to try this but I refuse to buy a foundation without having a sample first. When I tried to get one none of the stands had any. So, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of skin type are you? I have oily skin and the touché éclat works fine for that but would like to know if you think this would too?

    Brilliant review.

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might have more testers out now maybe it was because it was new? I have normal skin but can be prone to oiliness on my tzone and dry on my cheeks this didn't make me oily but it might do if it's a warmer day with it being a thicker foundation than the touche eclat, I would definitely try off a sample first xx

      Delete
    2. Aw thank you hun. I'll check out if they have testers yet :D

      Hannah xxx

      Delete
    3. Let me know how you get on :) xx

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig