Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Rimmel Glam Plum Fulham Lipstick Review

Follow on Bloglovin

Hello Everyone!
As you might have gathered from the title, this is a review of the new Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Glam Plum Fulham. Wow that's quite a mouthful!
This shade was released on 3rd October this year and I was eager to pick it up as it has been claimed to be a pretty good dupe of Rebel by MAC and Rebel was on my 'to buy' list.

Glam Plum Fulham is the perfect Autumn shade, a deep plum shade that is still bold enough to make a bit of a statement in the sea of plum lips out there at the minute. 
I have to say I am not a fan of the packaging or the smell.
The packaging feels a bit cheap and the purple lid that comes with the lipstick looks a bit... well outdated, there's something a little 90s about it. That being said, many people might love the packing and this is just my personal opinion.
The smell reminds me of a mix between crayons and the old Play-Doh scent, waxy with a hint of vanilla.
Now that I have got the negatives out of the way let's get on to the product performance.
Glam Plum Fulham is very highly pigmented and creamy, this makes application very easy as it just slides onto the lips with ease, no tugging at the lips, no patchy application. Due to the pigmentation, you can get an opaque coverage with one swipe.
One swipe on my arm, natural daylight - no flash.

The deep plum shade would suit most skintones and is also a shade that would look great into winter, standing out among all the seasonal red lips that will be making an appearance.
The creamy formula is supposed to be moisturising to wear, Rimmel claims each Moisture Renew Lipstick contains vitamins A, C and E to help care for the skin on your lips. 
Personally I didn't feel this lipstick added any moisture to my lips at all, but it certainly didn't dry them out either.

Wear time was a solid 6 hours without top up and without a lip liner underneath but I didn't eat or drink in this time either.
Overall this is a good lipstick for the price you pay because this lipstick has been called a dupe of MAC's Rebel and MAC lipsticks are £15.00 whereas Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks are £6.49 and I personally don't think it is worth almost £10 extra just to get a MAC lipstick so for a drugstore alternative, this is a really good purchase.
There are 20 shades in the Moisture Renew line so I'm sure you can find a shade to suit you.
Have you tried any of these lip colours? Are there any I should invest in?
Hope you enjoyed the review!
Toodles xxx

  

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This color looks really great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you it's a really nice colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color looks amazing on you.
    I definitely will try it out.

    http://anewyorkgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good let me know how you like it :) x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig