Saturday, 19 October 2013

My Halloween Makeup Look

Follow on Bloglovin

Hey Everyone!
I warn you in advance that this is going to be a pretty picture heavy post today.
Today I am going to show you how I will be doing my makeup for Halloween, nothing extreme or scary, just a little party look inspired by Goldie Starling from YouTube, check her out her tutorials are amazing!
Anyway this is the look:
and some more posing coming right up....

As you can see it is a pretty simple but effective look for Halloween.
Coming up are some pictures of the makeup and brushes I used to create this look.
I used the angled brush to define my crease with the burgundy colour from the Accessorize Palette shown below. I then used the pink fluffy brush to further create a cut crease with my red Sugarpill single eyeshadow again shown below.
I then used my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk to colour in the lid to act as a base for the light colour I used over my lid area. The light colour was again from the Accessorize Palette and was from the top row 4th in from the left. I defined my brow bone with the same colour.
Once I had blended the shades together I used my Illamasqua Precision Liner in Scribe to create the spiders web that decorates the top of the eye area.
I finished off the eye area with black liquid liner from Revlon and a good coating of Benefit's They're Real mascara.

After I had finished my eyes I worked on my face. I used Illamasqua's Skinbase Concealer in White Light to add light to all the areas on my face the sun would hit (under the eyes and across my cheekbones, down my nose, my chin and the space between my brows), I wanted it bright not bronzed which is why I used this pure white concealer from Illamasqua.
Once Blended in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (pictured above) I used my new YSL Youth Liberator Foundation all over my face and again blended and buffed into the skin with my Buffing Brush.
I followed this with a light contour using my Sleek Contour Kit and my Real Techniques Contour Brush.
I then dipped my Real Techniques Face Brush (the last brush in the line up, the biggest one) into Sleek's Blush in Antique and proceeded to lightly dust it onto my cheeks and into my contour to soften the lines. I picked a dark Autumnal colour as I thought this would best compliment the look. 


Last but not least we have lips. I used this purple lip liner from Barry M to outline my lips and shade in the inner corners to create a darkened ombre effect. I then applied my Lime Crime lipstick in the shade Glamour 101 all over the lip area.

And that's it, I didn't go into great detail as you can watch the video of a similar look on Goldie Starling's YouTube channel.
Thank you for reading :)
Toodles xxx





SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great look for Halloween, I love the eye makeup and the shade of the Lime Crime lipstick is lovely.

    I'm a new follower on your blog :)

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :) glad you like it and welcome to my blog thank you for the follow xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous look for Halloween! I'm not a big fan of doing "scary" makeup so this is right up my street :) also love the Lime Crime lipstick! Did you buy it online? X

    Beauty In My Mind - Cosmetics Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did buy it online I got it from love-makeup they're really quick at delivery, if u wanted a uk version MAC viva glam 1 is pretty much the same colour but the mac one is a matte shade whereas the lime crime is glossy :) x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig