Monday, 28 October 2013

Illamasqua Hydra Veil Review

Follow on Bloglovin

Hello Everyone,
This is a review of Illamasqua's Hydra Veil.
I would just like to mention I have not had the full sized product I have only had a sample of this from the Illamasqua Website when I spent over a set amount on my last order with them.
There has been a lot of misinformation surrounding Hydra Veil, people have claimed that it is a moisturiser/primer hybrid, this isn't quite right, yes it does hydrate the skin somewhat however it does not deliver long term benefits as it is not skincare and Illamasqua have said they will never do skincare so personally I think this is just a fancy primer.
This is the sample I have been using, the usual Hydra Veil packing is a round jar.


Hydra Veil is a thick consistency, like jelly, if you rub it too quick it crumbles but if you smooth it onto your skin it melts in easily and evenly and feels light and airy on the face. I used this in place of a moisturiser or primer and placed it on before my foundation and concealer and I have to say I noticed my foundation applied easier and smoother.
The results lasted all day as you would expect with a primer (after all primers are supposed to help prolong wear of your makeup by applying a base to your skin)
I also like how it feels a bit like a magic potion, starts off as a thick gel, melts into a water like state then smooths into the skin beautifully, however I will point out one weird fact... It doesn't seem to agree with my forehead.... Weird I know but for some reason my forehead gets very oily halfway through the day after I have used Hydra Veil, now I normally don't even have oily skin so this is quite surprising, I have taken to not applying this to my full face and just across my nose and cheeks instead.
As a primer it works pretty well and the short term hydration is useful if you are in a hurry and want to combine two steps into one to cut your getting ready time.
Was it fun to use? Yes it was and I had wanted to try Hydra Veil after seeing all the positive reviews but I have to admit I wasn't blown away and I will be returning to my normal routines of using my morning moisturiser and following up with a primer.
Would I repurchase this? Probably not but I am glad  I tried it.
Have  you tried Hydra Veil? How did it work for you?
Toodles xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig