Sunday, 20 October 2013

Illamasqua Empower Palette Review

Follow on Bloglovin

Hello Everyone!
Ok so today I am doing yet another review, this is a review of Illamasqua's Empower Palette.


I've  not heard a lot said about this palette and I think that is a shame as it is beautiful. I know it has been overlooked sometimes as just another neutral palette but you are wrong my friends, very wrong. Firstly let's discuss the packing, I won't go too into detail as I have reviewed a fair few Illamasqua items on my blog and I always rave about the packing, so in the interest of not getting boring I will just say I LOVE Illamasqua packaging.
The actual eyeshadows themselves are interesting, the two brown and the one pink shadows are powder and the grey is a liquid metal. The shades are as follows:
Synth: A light pink shimmer shade with some fine and some bigger chunks of glitter, this shade is therefore the roughest of all 4 shades.
Blink: A light nude shade. This shade is matte and would make a lovely lid or highlight colour for the browbone.
Fervent: This appears in the pan as a dark brown shade but swatch it out and it is truly beautiful and is actually the reason I bought this palette as I didn't have any dupes for this gorgeous shade, as you swatch it you can see iridescent glitters running through that catch in the light and cast a greeny metallic look over the top of the brown. The brown itself turns red the more you swatch it out. This is a very unique shade and if you get the chance to swatch this, make sure you do.
Slick: Slick is the liquid metal, a dark grey cream shadow that works beautifully as either a base for your shadow, a liner or to add definition, for example, in the crease. I tend to find liquid metals, like all cream eyeshadows on me, crease. I can try and combat this by setting it with a dusting of powder, either face powder or with another powder eyeshadow.

The swatch above is in normal daylight.

Wear time is standard for Illamasqua products, with a good primer and a setting spray my makeup looks the same as it did at the beginning of the day by the time I go to take it off at night.
The pink shade is a tad sheer and does need building up but apart from that I think this palette is beautiful and I'm glad I picked it up.
You can pick up this palette from illamasqua.com, selfridges and selected debenhams and debenhams online for around £34.00.
I hope you enjoyed this review, have you tried any Illamasqua products?
Toodles xxx











SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig