Friday, 11 October 2013

Anastasia Beverly Hills Catwalk Palette Review

Follow on Bloglovin Hi Everyone!
Today I have a review of the Catwalk Palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills.
Anastasia is a brand more common with American beauty bloggers but you can pick up Anastasia Beverly Hills online from www.cultbeauty.com for £21.00 which is where I bought this Catwalk Palette.
Lets start with the packaging,
The box is slim and made of a thick cardboard material, it is sturdy and sleek.
The leopard print on the gold is velvet and its a bit of a love it or hate it look but I love it.



Inside the lid there is a mirror, a double sided brush and more leopard print, this time against a metallic backdrop. The brush isn't up to much, i wont be trying to use it again, it feels cheap and doesn't really pick up product well so I will be sticking to my Real Techniques brushes in future.
The shades are all very pigmented and mostly shimmer, they blend beautifully with each other and the colours are really beautiful. My personal favourite from this palette is the pink shade in the middle top row, it has fine gold glitter running through and swatched out it looks very similar to NARS Orgasm Blush.
The following swatches start with Pose (bottom right) then we have: Call Back, Strut, Scout, Beauty Mark, LBD, Day Rate, Couture, RTW and 10K.
Why did I start with Pose as it is at the end? I didn't, I ran out of space on my arm :)

The only shade that is a bit of a dud is 10K, lovely as it is it took a bit of building up to get it to show up.
This swatch is in daylight over Urban Decay Primer Potion and hasn't been enhanced in any way.
Wear time on these shades was all day with a bit of fading at the 9 hour mar, however I did use setting spray over the top of my lids.
These shades can be mixed and matched to create day-time or night-time looks, below is a quick easy day look I created with Scout, 10K and Pose:

10k was on my inner corner, Scout all over the lid and Pose (which swatched brown on my arm and fingers yet applied purple toned to the eyes) in the crease and taken under the eye.
To sum up I do think this is a beautiful palette and I'm glad I picked it up.I think that the colours are gorgeous Autumn/Winter shades and I am looking forward to creating a few looks with this palette.
Toodles xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig