Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Accessorize Exposed Eye Palette Review

Follow on Bloglovin
Hello Everyone!
Now confession time, I didn't know Accessorize made makeup and even if I had of known, I'm not sure I would have been excited as I immediately think of jewellery, hats and bags when I think of Accessorize but as I was browsing makeup in Superdrug I stumbled across their stand and couldn't resist trying one of their palettes.
The palette I picked up is called 'Exposed'
The palette itself is pretty enough, vintage design on a hard cardboard exterior and held shut with a bit of pink elastic in a sort of diary style. Inside the design is the same and there is a good sized mirror on the lid, however the mirror is quite poor quality so don't rely on it for applying your looks. Packaging is quite important to me in helping me decide which products to buy and I have to say that the packaging here is a little bit young for me so I'm assuming these products are aimed at teenagers rather than 20something beauty bloggers... But still I decided to give it a go as I couldn't resist 32 neutral shades for £6.95 (I think it is supposed to be £8.95 but superdrug has an offer on these palettes at the moment)
The shades themselves looked pretty enough but as they didn't have a tester out I had to wait till I was back home to swatch and make my mind up.

I'm glad I took a chance on this palette! As you can see, for a neutral palette, the shade range is actually pretty large as there are some shades in there that would push neutral lovers just outside their usual comfort zone and possibly open the door to a bit more colour play in future.
The colours are soft and easy to blend with one another and this makes this palette very versatile as with all the mixing and matching you could do it would be very easy to use 'Exposed' to create very wearable day or night looks.
Some of the lighter shades need a little bit of building to get good colour payoff but nothing to sway you from using those colours.
Another feature I love in this palette is the mix if matte and shimmer shades as it is nice to have a choice like that all in one little palette.
Fallout is minimum if you tap your brush off before going in for the kill but that is the same for most shadows.
I have been wearing these shadows over primer (as I always do) and they last around 7 hours for me, which is, in my opinion, enough wear time for me especially in a palette so budget friendly.
 Below are the swatches over a primer on my arm, you can see that some of the shades are sheerer than others but most of them are very highly pigmented:
Top Row
Second Row
Third Row
Bottom Row




All in all I think this is a fantastic little palette and I'm thinking of picking up more from the Accessorize range next time I go shopping.
Have you tried any of the beauty offerings from Accessorize? What did you think?
Toodles xxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Wow, they do look incredibly pigmented! I've always kind of been interested in Accessorize makeup - I think mainly because of how beautiful the packaging is - and I've tried one of their blushes, but I've never tried their eyeshadow palettes. I'm on the look out for one to replace my old Sleek palette, so I think this is definitely something I might check out in the future.

    - Emmy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to try more from them now I live this palette :) xx

      Delete
  2. When I first saw the title and the packaging I was putt off in all honestly, but your swatches of the colours has totally changed my mind! The fact you like them so much is amazing! :)
    Kammi
    xx

    http://www.beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a total shocker I was expecting them to be poor pigmentation and chalky. That's what I get for having makeup snobbery lol x

      Delete
  3. I got this the other week and love it. I really didn't expect them to be so pigmented! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish I had picked up the other ones when I was there now x

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig