Thursday, 19 September 2013

Top 6 Favourite Autumn Lip Colours

Hello Everyone!
Well it's that time of year again, the leaves are turning orange, the weather is getting cooler, the chunky knits are out and the makeup is getting darker.
Bye bye Vegas Volt it was fun but now it is time for my favourite time of year and my favourite makeup looks, Autumn!
I have narrowed down my favourite lip looks to my absolute favourite top 6, why 6? Why not!
  1. Lime Crime - Glamour 101: This lipstick has a glossy finish and is a beautiful deep red colour, very vampy, very autumn. Lime Crime lipsticks have a vanilla scent that's not too different from the scent of MAC lipsticks. I love vanilla so it doesn't bother me but if you don't like vanilla scents this might not be the one for you. You can pick up some Lime Crime lipsticks in the UK from http://www.love-makeup.co.uk 
  2. Illamasqua - Shard: Shard is a new lipstick from Illamasqua's new Sacred Hour collection, a matte purple shade but it is surprisingly creamy for a matte shade.
     
  3. Revlon Lip Butter - 001 Pink Truffle: Pink Truffle is a beautiful everyday moisturising lip tint with a glossy finish. It is a light beige pink colour, I think it would suit most skintones 
  4. MAC - Midnight Mambo: This came out in their summer 'Tropical Taboo' collection but I think it will be a firm favourite this Autumn. A mixture of purple and pink it is quite an unusual shade but a very pretty one. This is such a creamy formulation being one of the mineralize lipsticks making it very easy to wear but not very long wearing.
  5. Illamasqua - Growl: A very brave shade but a truly beautiful one, described on Illamasqua's website as a mahogany brown - this shade wears more deep purple on me. It is a very dry matte shade so lots of lip balm needed but well worth it in my opinion.
  6. Illamasqua - Howl: Another drying matte but in a classic orange/red shade. As I am naturally quite pale I think this really compliments my colouring. 
And there we have it, illamasqua are really impressing me at the minute I have so many of their products and they are fast becoming a firm favourite for me.
These pictures are pretty true to colour (yes I am that pale) so you can get a good idea how these colours look in real life but obviously the colour of your own lips underneath will change the colour a tad.
Hope you have enjoyed reading this little post!
Till next time, Toodles xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig