Sunday, 29 September 2013

September Favourites

Hello Everyone!

It's that time of the month again (favourites that is :S) and as usual I have been loving my beauty stash so without further ado, here they are:

Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturiser:
I mentioned this in an earlier post reviewing this item so I won't go into too much detail here but I have been loving this spray on moisturiser and it is certainly something I will be hurrying to repurchase once I run out. 
If you want to read more about it here is the post: http://sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/vaseline-spray-go-moisturiser-you-need.html?m=1

Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette:
Everyone and their mum has reviewed this palette so I'm sure you are aware of it, I think I prefer Naked 2 over the first Naked Palette it has a beautiful range of neutrals to mix and match and I love neutral eyes in Autumn as I wear a lot of bold lip colours at this time of year and coloured eyes and lips tends to look a bit of a mess on me so I like to stick to one or the other. Urban Decay does the most gorgeous creamy shadows that are highly pigmented and blend beautifully and this palette is definitely one if the best in my opinion.

Wet n Wild Palettes ( I Heart Matte and Spoiled Army Brat):
Wet n Wild are difficult to get hold of in the UK but I have been internetting away and managed to get hold of quite a few of their Palettes. I think they are America's answer to our Sleek Palettes and I really do love then, highly pigmented and long wearing I have been reaching for them both but mainly for the brownbone colour in both, in Spoiled Army Brat I have been using the pink browbone on my lids and it is a lovely dusty rose colour and in the I Heart Matte Palette I have been using the white highlight colour on my browbone a lot. I won't go into the individual shades too much as I have a blog post featuring both products already so if you are interested in that have a look at the I Heart Matte review here: http://sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/wet-n-wild-palette-reviews-petal-pusher.html?m=1
And Spoiled Army Brat can be found here: http://sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/wet-n-wild-tough-girl-collection.html?m=1

EOS Mint Lipbalm:
Again these little babies are hard to find in the UK but I bought this one online and I have been loving it so much. I love mint scented lip products and this one also tastes really sweet (not that I eat it but when I accidentally taste it it's a pleasant experience not an "omg this tastes like bum" moment)
I find that with the weather changing I get really dry lips and this really helps sort me out, I apply it before bed and also before I put any matte lipsticks on and it just helps to keep me moisturised.
If you want a UK alternative the Balmi lipbalms are pretty similar and even used to have the same cute packaging until they mysteriously changed to a cube....
You can pick up Balmi at Boots but you can also grab some flavours if EOS online from Selfridges but last I checked, they didn't have mint.

MAC Viva Glam 1 and Illamasqua Howl Lipsticks:
As I've already said, I love a bold lip in Autumn and these two are both bold red, matte colours. The Illamasqua lipstick is a more tomato red whereas the MAC lipstick is a lot cooler toned and vampier but I love them both.
Again I have mentioned and showed Howl in a previous blog post (really pushing the blog here today sorry everyone) but if you are interested take a peek here: http://sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/top-6-favourite-autumn-lip-colours.html?m=1
And the Lime Crime lipstick in that post is pretty much identical to MAC Viva Glam 1 except the Lime Crime lipstick has a glossy finish and Viva Glam is matte.
Matte lipsticks can be pretty drying and this is where my EOS Lipbalm has been coming in handy.

Revlon Colour Stay Liquid Liner in Black:
I love a black liquid liner for my upper lash line and this one from Revlon is really good, easy to use and a nice medium sized brush that goes to a fine point so you can have a small discreet line to thicken up the appearance of your lashes, or you can build up to a nice flick or cats eye look. Wear time is impressive as it lasts all day with no flaking or fading.

Juicy Couture 'Viva La Juicy' Perfume:
This isn't the normal sort of scent I'm drawn to, it is very sweet smelling whereas I normally prefer floral or sharp scents but I got a smell of this last winter and loved it, a very girly sweet smell and the bottle is really pretty too.

Well there we have it, my September Favourites, what have you been loving and using this month?
























SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi Rosy. I've been thinking about getting a Naked Palette myself and didn't know which one to get so after reading this it looks like 2. Carly. X

    Carly's Beauty World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carly :) I've got them both and I love my naked 2 best I use that one way more :)

      Delete

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig