Friday, 6 September 2013

My Top 5 Blushers

Hello Everyone,
Today we will be talking about blushers, in particular, my top 5.
I love a bit of blush, applied with a light hand for a subtle glow or packed on as much as I can to look like a clown.... Well luckily for society the clown look will stay in the horrific memories of my early teens, bad times.
Anyway moving on here they are:

Marvel at their beauty, I know packaging isn't everything but I do love a bit of sleek packaging that feels nice to hold in your hand and all of these feel good to hold, and even though the Gosh blusher is cheaper it doesn't have packaging that feels cheaper than the rest.
The blushers are:
1. Nars Orgasm - I have this in an old limited edition palette but you can buy this blush as a single. It is one of NARS best sellers and I can see why, it is a beautiful salmon pink colour with golden shimmer running through, it is one of those shades that suits almost everyone. If you are looking for a drugstore alternative, Sleek do a blush called Rose Gold which is pretty identical and for only around the £5 mark. 
2. Illamasqua Cream Blush in Dixie - a beautiful coral pink, perfect for spring and summer, Illamasqua blushers are VERY highly pigmented so you only need to dip your brush in this lightly to get good coverage, I dip it in, tap the bristles on my arm to get off the excess then I move on to my face to avoid the dreaded clown face.
3. Gosh Powder Blush in Electric Pink - another highly pigmented blush in a dusty pink colour, this one doesn't last as long as the other blushers I tend to need to re apply after about 5 hours wear with this one but it is easy to blend, affordable and very good colour payoff so I'm still in love with it.
4. Dior Glowing Color Powder Blush in Vintage Pink - a beautiful muted pink, the lighter shade can act as a highlight but I like to mix both together to get a pretty, fresh, innocent looking glow.
5. Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect in 30 Tweed Rose - the sheerest of the group, you do have to build this one up to get a colour that is noticeable but when you do the result is lovely, it is a very natural looking glow that just looks like you are healthy and happy.


These blushers tend to be my most reached for, I do love them so much. I love a bit of pink blusher, I usually follow it up with a pop of highlighter with the exception of Nars Orgasm, simply because this one has flecks of golden shimmer running through it so it acts as a blusher and highlighter in one (well for me it does you can feel free to add as much sparkle or highlight as you deem fit)
Now without further ado here are the swatches:

1. Nars Orgasm
2. Illamasqua Cream Blush in Dixie 
3. Gosh Powder Blush in Electric Pink
4. Dior Glowing Color Powder Blush in Vintage Pink
5. Chanel Blush Duo Tweed Effect in 30 Tweed Rose

Well I hope you enjoyed this quick little show and tell. What are your favourites?
Bye for now x






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig