Monday, 2 September 2013

August favourites 2013

Hello Everyone, these are my new favourites this month. I feel like it has been a short month as I've hardly been shopping and been super busy but of course I did manage to grab a few new products as always ;)

  • Dove Dry Shampoo: I usually use batiste dry shampoo religiously however I spotted this when I was out to pick up a new batiste and decided to give it a go, I have to say I prefer it to the batiste version, the dove one has a nice fresh scent, nothing overpowering just a nice clean smell and it doesn't leave a white cast in your hair nor does your hair feel sticky like it can do after using other dry shampoos. I will be buying this again.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Perversion: perversion really is the blackest black eyeliner I own, it is easy to apply with its creamy formula and doesn't drag on the lids, you can smoke it out or leave a strong line and it even stays well on the waterline, I'm almost halfway through this pencil and yes I would repurchase again and again.
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: there has been a lot of hype online surrounding the wake me up foundation so I thought I would try the concealer. I do really like this concealer and it does have a subtle brightening effect but that does mean it is a bit of a no no for covering spots as the brightening effect draws attention to them, it also seems a tad less full coverage than my usual collection concealer which makes me think that come winter I will switch back.
  • Illamasqua Reflections Eyeshadow Palette: I have been loving these shades this month, I will be writing a post on this palette soon so I will just say it is amazing and move on.
  • MAC Creamsheen Lipstick in Pink Pearl Pop: a beautiful bright pink shade perfect for the summer, it has a beautiful iridescence to it whilst being bright and wearable at the same time, being a Creamsheen it glides softly into the lips and is easy to wear, however you will need to reapply every 3 hours or so.
  • Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon: everyone has talked about these lip butters so I won't bore you but I will say this is a new shade and its quite unique to anything I own, a coral red colour that looks juicy and bright. I love this shade for summer.
  • Too Faced Candlelight Pressed Powder: I use this as either a quick face powder or to set my foundation for a subtle glow, it really is a lovely product, finely milled and cute packaging, on the inside mirror it has the words 'why be pretty when you can be gorgeous' written on the mirror, all in all I am loving this product at the minute and as it claims to be vitamin enriched and good for your skin I like it even more.
So there we go, August favourites done and dusted, hope you enjoy this and hope you have a happy September! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig