Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Wet n Wild Palette Reviews - Petal Pusher and I Heart Matte

Hello Everyone!

If you are like me and you watch endless beauty videos on youtube, you will have noticed a lot of the American youtubers feature the brand 'Wet n Wild' a fair bit, as far as I can tell it is on par with the UK's featuring of Sleek Palettes, i.e. cheap, cheerful and (for want of a better word) good.
Wet n Wild are hard to get hold of in the UK, however I managed to get hold of these two through amazon uk, hurray :)
So without further ado, here they are:


The one on the left is 'I Heart Matte' and the one on the right is 'Petal Pusher' I will review 'I Heart Matte' first.

All the colours in this Palette are (as the name suggests) matte which can make shadows difficult to blend but they do tend to last longer.
The following is a picture of the shades swatched on my arm without primer and in normal daylight:
As you can see the shades are pretty pigmented, this is from one swatch and not building the colours, they feel buttery and smooth and I wore this swatch on my arm through the day and they lasted pretty well, around 6 hours, this is apart from the second shade in, the skin coloured one which is meant as a browbone highlight, that one had faded away after about 4 hours. I think with a primer on your lids you would get a good days wear out of these shades as as a cheap drugstore Palette I am happy with it.

Palette number two is 'Petal Pusher'

I have to say, out of the two palattes I bought, this one will be my more reached for. It has been compared online to the recent release by MAC cosmetics 'Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow: Pinkluxe' without the £30 price tag.
This one has a lovely range of shades that again I have arm swatched, all except the white one in the top left, I tried with about 4 layers on my arm to get it to show up and it still wouldn't show, so I wont be using that one, the rest however are very pretty and unlike the matte palette, they have a lot of sparkle. The wear time is about 4-5 hours without a primer but with a primer they seem to be lasting longer.
Here is the swatch, bear in mind where the first shade should be there is nothing but arm and a light sparkle, I did try to build it up:

These shades are very buildable and very pretty, I will be using these shades a lot and I'm thinking it will be my go-to palatte for a while and I'm currently sporting a look from 'Petal Pusher' today.

All in all these palettes are cheap and cheerful and for the price tag that you would pay in the states they are fantastic quality, buttery and easy to blend. They make a welcome addition to my make up collection and I'm looking forward to trying more from Wet n Wild in the future!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig