Thursday, 1 August 2013

July Favourites 2013

Hello Everyone!

So following on from all my recent hauls I thought it best to organise some favourites for this month, and there's been a few!


I will start with the foundation, I have been loving my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua this month. Now this foundation isn't my favourite that I own anymore but it is my perfect summer shade now that I have a tan, it is also light coverage which has been perfect for this heat wave we have been having here in the UK.
My shade is B30 though in winter I would be more B20.

For The Eyes:


  • Dior Peacock Palette:
This 5 shadow palette was part of the Summer 2013 collection and is hard to get hold of now but you can still grab one at www.houseoffraser.com at the time of publishing this. I have found the 5 colours blend effortlessly with one another and are the perfect summer brights, I do love a bit of green in my eyes and the colours in here -as usual from Dior- are beautiful.


  • MAC Bare My Soul Quad:
 From the recent 'Temperature Rising' collection this quad caught my eye, it is neutral with a pop and looks great on tanned skin, one of the better quads they have released of late as sometimes the quality in their limited edition collections aren't the best but these have been lovely.

  • Illamasqua Hype:
This bright yellow offering from Illamasqua can seem quite scary, and until this summer I would never have considered something so bright, however, if you have the balls to pull it off it can be quite showstopping! I have used it as an all over lid colour, as a gentle mix in with my Dior peacock and also mixed with water as a liquid liner and I have had loads of complements.

  • Benefit 'They're Real' Waterproof Mascara:
Waterproof has been very handy in this heat if you want to avoid that panda eye look. I also love the false lash effect this has.

  • Illamasqua Precision Liner in Scribe:
 This is a beautiful  white liquid liner and is perfect for adding a little something different to your regular eye colours or going with a statement look, check out my Instagram (@sparklesoflight) to see it used a couple of times.

For The Face:

  • Illamasqua Cream Blush in Dixie:
 A beautiful pinky coral perfect for summer and illamasqua blushes are very highly pigmented meaning you only need a tiny bit, perfect for summer wear.

  • MAC Bronzer in Nude on Board:
Again part of the recent Temperature Rising collection this is a gorgeous, buildable golden tan that has been an almost everyday staple!

  • 17 Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze:
I use this as a highlighter as it is very shimmery and to use it as a Bronzer might look like you have had a fight with a glitter fairy. I find this to be a great cheap dupe of the similar one by Bobbi Brown.

  • Real Techniques Duo Fiber Face Brush:
This is a lovely brush for light application, see my previous blog post for a review.

For The Lips:

  • Revlon Lip Butter in 001 Pink Truffle:
Everyone and her dog has written about these but this is a lovely sheer nude shade and wears like a lip balm. 

  • MAC Viva Glam Nicki 1:
A lovely creamy lipstick, viva glam proceeds all go to the MAC AIDS Fund and so it's shopping without the guilt. It is a lovely bubblegum pink meets coral colour, loud and summery but can be muted with either a lip liner or a gloss on top.

  • MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Midnight Mambo:
Part of the limited edition Tropical Taboo collection this is a lovely, easy wearing purple pink. The mineralize lipsticks are creamy and hydrating on the lips but the colour doesn't last too long, I think I only get about 2 hours out of this particular lipstick but I love the shade.

Multi-Purpose:

  • Illamasqua Medium Pencil in Debonair:
Illamasqua medium pencils can be used on the lips and the eyes. This one is a vivid blue colour so I have been using it as an eyeliner but if you check out my Instagram (@sparklesoflight) you will be able to see the blue used as a lip liner in an ombre lip look.

Well I hope you have enjoyed reading this there has been a lot this month! Till the next post, Toodles xx





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig