Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Illamasqua Gleam in Supernatural Review

Hi Everyone,

Today is a review on Illamasqua's Gleam in the shade Supernatural.
Illamasqua never seem to fail to deliver on their products and that is why this gleam called to me when I was browsing their website a week ago. I know this product has been around for a while now but being fair skinned I wasn't sure the orangey brown highlighter would compliment my skintone, however as I have a little bit of a tan at the minute I thought I would give it a try and I'm glad I did.


As usual the packaging is the standard illamasqua curved sided square made of plastic, the product feels nice in your hands and the black colouring is chic and expensive looking, yet the curving of the box sets it apart in design from other products I have seen on the market, however, packaging is all well and good but it is the product inside that counts.

As you can see I've been a little swatch happy with this bad boy and that is one of the pluses of this product, it is very soft and creamy, other cream highlighters I have tried have been clumpy and hard to apply due to the consistency, however gleam is soft and so very easy to blend in and also very easy to pick up on a brush, you can use this product as a highlighter as stated or also as a shimmery Bronzer, personally I like my bronzers matte so I have been using this as a highlighter along the tops of my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose after applying my Bronzer beforehand.
I found that using fingertips with this product will get the job done but I did find that my fingers picked up gleam a bit on the heavy side and I found that if you apply this heavily it can make your pores look huge! Not a good look, however, applied sheerly this looks fantastic, it adds a spot if colour and a little bit of iridescent shimmer.
Gleam is also a long lasting product as I had it on for 7 hours and it was still going strong by then with no signs of fading.
I applied this to my face with the illamasqua highlighter brush and I think the product works really well with this brush. Below I have a picture of 3 swatches of gleam done on my arm and applied with fingertips, getting more sheered out each time, that way you can get an idea of how strongly or sheerly you can apply this to yourself :)


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig