Thursday, 22 August 2013

Illamasqua Facet Nail Varnish Review


Hi everyone!

As you might have gathered if you have been following me on Instagram (@sparklesoflight) illamasqua are fast becoming one of my favourite brands, the colours can be both dramatic or neutral yet all seem to perform well and often offer something a bit different, even with their neutral stuff.
Their new collection 'Scared Hour' is all based on the periods of dusk and dawn and I have to say I think this might be my favourite collection yet and I have already purchased most of it (sorry bank) and so far I am enjoying it.
So this is a review of the nail varnish in the new colour 'Facet' is a beautiful neutral grey/purple with a very fine golden brown shimmer through it which gives a stunning iridescence when the sunlight catches it.
If this collection is about dawn and dusk then to me this colour definitely says dusk. The colour of the shimmer against the grey/purple backdrop is reminiscent of the colour of the sun setting in a darkened autumnal sky, autumn is my favourite season and thus I think it makes me love this colour more.

At £14.50 for 15ml of product this nail varnish isn't the cheapest but being that illamasqua is a higher end brand I think the price is fair for what you get, I had a strong colour free of streaks in 2 coats and the varnish itself is long wearing, I have had it on for 4 days without a top coat and in those days I've washed dishes without rubber gloves, been to a petting zoo and generally been wreckless with my nails and so far I have no chipping or wearing down so I am very impressed as other nail varnishes I've tried in the past have chipped after one day of wear (essie I'm talking to you!) 
I would definitely recommend picking up this little gem if you pass a store or a counter, if not you can pick it up at www.illamasqua.com along with their full range. 
Now just for good measure here are some shots of my nails in the woods at dusk ;) 
Until next time, bye for now! 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig