Sunday, 4 August 2013

Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara Review

Hello All!

I thought I would do a quick review on benefit's most famous mascara, 'They're Real'

This mascara claims to give your eyes the false lash effect without false lashes being applied, now I have tried many mascaras over the years and I've had some hits and misses but I think I can safely say that this mascara is a hit.

At £19.50 for a tube containing 8.5g this isn't a cheapy and this is one of the main reasons it took me so long to buy it, however I am a complete addict for beauty products and once I set my beady eye on something I usually find it in my collection within a couple of months and that's exactly what happened as I stood at the Benefit counter asking for this product.

The packaging itself is rather nice, I like the mirror effect and the way the tube gets wider at the top. It's not as sleek as, for example, a YSL mascara tube but it does have a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about it.
Inside the wand is plastic, some people love plastic wands, others hate them, personally I tend to think plastic wands give a bit more lift to your lashes than a bristle one but that's just personal opinion. 

One of the main complaints of this product is how quickly it dries up, I have been using this product for around four months now and it is still going strong but has certainly seemed a tad clumpier the last 2-3 times I have used it, it still performs well despite this and the wear time hasn't been affected, nor have I noticed any flaking with wear.
Being a waterproof mascara it can be somewhat difficult to remove but I find using a wipe followed by my Liz Earle cleanse and polish seems to remove it all in the evening. 

I find that with one coat of this I have a dramatic difference in my eyes, I don't curl my lashes beforehand when I use this mascara as it seems to curl them nicely for me for a day look, I have a couple of before and after pics below to show you what I mean.

So here is before: 

You can clearly see my lashes are a bit flat and boring, certainly nothing to write home about, and below you will see how they look with one coat of the mascara, no curling or eyelash prep.





You can see the difference, I have full, dark and curled lashes that really make my eyes pop, as I said this is one coat. I only did the top lashes as this is personal preference again but you can do top and bottom if that is your look.
Wear time is amazing, I can literally pop one coat of this on at 7am and my lashes still look great at 9pm when I take all my make up off, so if you are in the market for a new mascara and the hefty price tag doesn't put you off, this is well worth a buy, just be warned, it could become an expensive habit. 
*tip* Debenhams often do 10% off days or weekends on all beauty so if you can wait, keep an eye out for one of those events and save yourself a few pennies.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sparkles of Light. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig